Want to know what the number one dessert of the summer is? It’s not pie, it’s grilled s’mores dessert quesadillas stuffed with nutella and marshmallows!
Our friend Lizzy not only helps us out with the videos we don’t have time to make for facebook, like this awesome Deep Fried Strawberry Shortcake which you can see on Facebook as well. Anyway, Lizzy asked us if we’d ever had grilled s’mores quesadillas and instantly I was intrigued.
Cade does not really care for s’mores in the excited way a child does but he still really enjoys the flavors, whereas I still feel totally pulled into a gooey, sticky s’more. Have you had our Pretzel Reese’s S’more? IT’S SO GOOD! I know a lot of people use ritz crackers, but try it with a crunchy pretzel crisp (the flat ones). SO GOOD. Or what about our S’mores Munchies Mix. I’ll tell you a secret on that one. I eat the most. Even the kids get full and I cannot stop. I wont stop. It’s fantastic. But what I really want to know is, when are s’mores oreos coming out? Now wouldn’t that be good?!
Grilled S’mores Dessert Quesadillas
Let’s get right to it. Dessert quesadillas are always a good idea. ALWAYS. We’ve seen these Fluffernutter Quesadillas pretty much all over facebook and pinterest (if you aren’t following us, get on that!!). Our good friend, Kristy made those up. She’s my all time favorite to follow on instagram and her recipes are fantastic. Her boys are obsessed with those quesadillas but we all are too.
To make our Grilled S’mores Dessert Quesadillas you’ll want to start out with a good and heavy tortilla. It’s getting grilled so the fresh really don’t hold up as well. Spread nutella all over the inside and top with big or small marshmallows. Now fold it in half and butter the outside on one side.
This is where things get a little messy but I’ll tell you a trick, just take the whole plate outside to the grill where you’ll pack brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs all over in the butter and place it graham side down on a medium heat grill. Repeat the butter etc on the other side and flip once the first side is golden and grill marks are appearing.
You’re going to go nuts for these grilled s’mores dessert quesadillas and I’m sorry for any crazy amount of calories you consume, but it’s worth it!
- 4 extra large flour tortillas
- ¾ cup Nutella or chocolate spread
- ½ cup softened (room temp) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Place each tortilla on a cutting board or plate and spread with nutella, then top with marshmallows.
- Fold over the tortilla a spread with butter. Pack on the brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs and place graham side down on a medium heat grill or skillet.
- While the quesadilla is cooking, butter the other side and repeat with toppings. Flip the tortilla once it's golden and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately! A scoop of ice cream on top would be awesome too!
The very best recipe for s’mores brownies you’ll ever make!