Our family has been making these hot cocoa no bake cookies practically every week all winter and I don’t feel bad about it one bit.
I grew up on no bake cookies as I’m sure all of you did, but for some reason I practically never make them. I do really enjoy making these little no bake cookie banana bites which are eaten on little chunks of banana (if you haven’t tried them yet you are wasting time because they are about to be your new favorite snack), but I rarely make the classic cookie. And today is no different. With winter here I couldn’t resist making hot cocoa no bake cookies.
The kids thought I was the coolest for letting them dump in those tiny little marshmallows you find at Target or Walmart and I couldn’t help but love them too.
Speaking of Walmart and Target why do they get to carry all of the special seasonal flavors or unique baking items from our favorite brands and not the regular grocery stores? Every holiday new oreos, m&m’s, baking chips and marshmallows appear but in order to buy them we have to visit those two stores otherwise we can’t find them at all. What up with that?
I think I’ll go devour another 4 cookies while I think this over.
Hot Cocoa No Bake Cookies
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1¾ Cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Nutella
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Cups Quick Cooking (not old fashioned) Oats
- 1½ Cups Mini Marshmallows.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, sugar, salt, hot cocoa, cocoa powder, milk and cream. Heat, whisking occasionally until it comes to a rapid boil. Allow to cook, stirring continually for about 1 minute and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the nutella and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the oats.
- Stir in marshmallows.
- Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, scoop out cookies onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, cover with saran wrap and cool for 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Soft and fluffy chocolate cookies studded with creamy cookies n cream candy bar pieces!
Just try to tell me that these wouldn’t look beautiful on your holiday table.