This One Pan Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken as absolute perfection! It makes for a wonderful weeknight meal and is easy clean up!
Hello friends! I’m Amy from My Name Is Snickerdoodle and I’m thrilled to be sharing this One Pan Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe with you today! Lately I’ve been trying to be better at menu planning because my life is getting busier every day. I have three little boys who keep me on my toes with school, homework, playing, cleaning and making plenty of snacks! I’ve found that if I’m prepared with what to make for dinner that week, things are a little better in my home when 4:00pm rolls around and “witching hour” hits!
One pan recipes are becoming more and more popular these days and have become some of my favorite meals to make for my family. First, they typically take 30 minutes or less and second, I’m only dirtying one pan or pot which makes for an easy clean up. Such a bonus right there! A one pan recipe that my family loves is for my One Pot Chicken and Mushrooms. We really love to eat it with creamy mashed potatoes and a side salad. This Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken has become my new favorite dish. I absolutely love lemon and chicken together because there is something about the slight tang of the citrus that pairs well with the mildness of the chicken. The sauce is the best part of this meal because t’s super savory and creamy!
I like to serve this over jasmine rice, but it would be equally great over your favorite noodles. It’s also just great on its one and can be served with a lush salad or fresh fruit. Ooohhh, asparagus would be fabulous as well along side this chicken!
One Pan Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2-4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Butter, Divided
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 15 oz Can Chicken Broth
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 Lemon, Thinly Sliced
- Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large oven proof pan heat oil and 1 TBSP butter over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place top side down into the hot pan.
- Brown chicken for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Place pan into the oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. About 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and place over medium high heat again.
- Add in minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken broth and lemon juice into the pan and scrap up the brown bit from the pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 8-10 minutes, reducing liquid to about half.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Add back in the chicken and flip to coat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and sliced lemon.
Check out Amy over at My Name Is Snickerdoodle and follow her along here…
Looking for dessert after enjoying your lemon chicken? These are my favorite, big, chewy chocolate chip cookies!