* Did you know that Sweet Basil is on facebook? Make sure you’ve liked our page! And now, back to our favorite chicken salad croissant sandwich recipe.
If you have been reading this blog for a while you know that I am ALWAYS trying to find a yummy chicken salad recipe. I keep finding ones that are better and better so of course I have to post them so that all of you may try them too! (In fact, I have another I’ll be posting in a few weeks that is a different version of chicken salad.) I believe that so far, for just a good ol’ chicken salad sandwich Ina Garten’s recipe and this one are our two faves. This one I had for the first time a few months ago at a Relief Society activity and I seriously loved them. So yummy! When we did C’s baby blessing a few weeks ago I made these to serve to our family and friends for lunch and I think it went over quite well.
My biggest thing about chicken salad is that I don’t like a lot of stuff dumped into it. Please don’t add the whole list, walnuts, grapes, sunflower seeds, celery, water chestnuts, raisins and tomatoes. Good mercy, that’s just getting a little too ridiculous, plus we don’t really like the celery and walnuts in it. Cashews would at least be a little better, but WALNUTS? Geez, the flavors don’t go well together in my opinion.
The best thing about this version is it has that sweet and juicy *pop* from the grapes and the romaine lettuce take the place of the celery so it still has a little crunch to it.
I pretty much love that these are perfect for a quick meal for the fam for lunch or dinner or a great crowd pleaser when you have more people over.
Our Favorite Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich
- 1 - 12.5 oz. can Chicken, drained (Two cups Rotisserie Chicken is our preference)
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 1 head Romaine, chopped (I stack all of the leaves, slice them in half vertically and then slice horizontally)
- ½ Cup Grapes, halved or quartered
- 1 large Tomato, optional
- Mix it all together, spread on croissants, and enjoy!