Let’s just start with a big, fat picture of cookie dough, shall we? And after you drool all over this recipe scroll all the heck of the way down to see the cookie pie just like this. OH MY GOODNESS it’s good!!!
We moved a few months ago and it was a beast. I was super pregnant, super sick and super stressed, but we knew it was the right thing. It was one of those we had looked everywhere but one place and when we saw the home we felt a stirring inside of us and just knew it was home. Interestingly enough we had been dejunking, getting organized and even packing a little for months because we had had the impression that we would be moving soon. These reese’s marshmallow peanut butter chip cookies are only one of the good things about our move.
We were completely unpacked in two days. The first night we slept in our new home we immediately felt like it was just that, our home. There was no settling in, no restless nights, no stress (other than the stress of being sick and getting things done) and no weird feelings. We instantly felt peace and totally at home.
One of the first weeks we were here our neighborhood had its annual block party complete with a food truck, hello we were sold! The first person we met was Kara and she is just about the nicest soul ever, but more importantly she’s just like me. HA! Ok, that’s not what’s most important but it is fun to make friends with someone that just gets your need for a clean house, special treats and all things peanut butter and chocolate.
One night Kara dropped off a plate of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and oh my sweet mercy!!! They were perfection and I’d be lying if I told you we shared. Nope. We put the kids to bed, snuggled up on the couch and watched conference talks (yes, we are simple folk) while devouring every last crumb. And then I thought, hot dang, if I used butter instead of Crisco and shoved marshmallows and reese’s into these (because butter and marshmallows are fabulous together) it would be an explosion of awesomeness. So I did just that!
Let’s all take a moment to thank the darling Kara for being the bomb diggity of the neighborhood. mwah!
- 1¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Large Egg
- 1¾ Cup Flour
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 8 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Chopped
- 1½ Cup Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place parchment or a silpat on a baking sheet.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter for 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, vanilla and egg and beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda, add to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips, Reese's and marshmallows.
- Scoop onto the cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing to a cooling rack. Store in airtight containers.